Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Collection 2: Red Riding Hood

I have been collecting vintage Red Riding Hood books and prints for quite a long time.  I have always had a strong connection to this fairy tale.  Just about a year ago, on January 22, 2010, I created this collaged page in one of my art journals. I have several contemporary versions in my collection as well; favorites include one with black and white photographs that is really quite disturbing, and one that is quite humorous because it stars William Wegman's weimaraners.   I have several versions from other countries and one framed print that hangs next to my table that I love.  I really love the vintage images from the old books the best.  I missed an auction recently (because of one of those snowstorms) where two vintage books were up for bid, and I am always checking the antique malls and used bookstores for versions I don't have in my collection.  Some of these books can be quite expensive, so I'm always looking for a good deal.     

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it. Were you Little Red Riding Hood as a child? Any wolves in for rehab? -kk

POULTNEY250 said...

I've GOT to see this collection ... always fancied myself as the Big Bad Wolf ... :-)