Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spring Flood 2011 at Jungle Lane

On my way home from MA earlier today, I knew when I got to Rte. 197 and the water was lapping on the edges of the road that we would have highwater at home after last night's rain. When I got home one of the first things I did was take some photos.
water pouring over the top of the dam
and through the chutes

What is usually a small pool has overflowed its banks.

You can see where there is a second stream
in the upper right where water has washed over the lawn at the end of the dam.

looking out the covered bridge window at the edge of the brook

looking down the brook from the bridge

another view of the brook with
the cabin in the background

another view of the dam and the double waterfall


a close-up view

There's so much water in the pond
that you can't really see the top
of the dam at all.

a view of the top of the dam from the woods at the far end;
our house in the background






the covered bridge
Water is very close to the floor of the bridge.  It wouldn't
surprise me if it was underwater during the night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures are amazing connie

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you lived so close to Niagra Falls. :-) Beautiful pictures.