Thursday, August 29, 2013

#12 Green Challenge for Altered Pages


Here's my entry for the Altered Pages Blog Challenge #12.  Because the theme this month is GREEN, here is a mermaid book that I created. 

Materials used:
  • watercolor paper
  • my own outline drawing of a mermaid template
  • rubber stamps for the faces, hair, tails, sand dollar hairpiece
  • stencils for more layers on the tails
  • paper scraps from my green bin for the bras
  • lots of bling--white and yellow pearls in several sizes, silver disks, gemstones in a variety of colors
  • pencil for body details
  • Micron pen for writing on the mermaid poem, "Mermaid Fair" (found on-line)
  • ink for rosy cheeks applied with a rag and Gathered Twigs Distress Ink to ink the edges of each page
  • hole punch, tiny; iredescent ribbon threaded through to tie the pages together






5 comments:

Connie Locashio said...

THAT IS SO DARN CUTE.

ddazzled71 said...

So cute, I love the sweet faces you have given and their fabulous hair. Thanks for joining us over at AP this month for our Green Challenge!

Lyneen said...

How creative... love the image you drew... Perfect for the challenge!

DIYDesignStudio said...

I adore mermaids! and yours made me smile!

Gia Lau said...

I am a collector of mermaids! Yours are quite charming!