Monday, November 24, 2014

ThanksGiving: Gratitude Jar


This is my post on Outside the Box's Blog today!

Thanks Giving: Gratitude Jar

I saw the idea for a gratitude jar in a magazine and adapted it for use at my Thanksgiving table.  I used an old blue Quick Seal glass canning jar that had belonged to my grandmother and made a large tag for it using Memory Box dies.
IMG_1444
Memory Box Materials Used:
  • Pavilia Bloom Background die no. 98899; Mango Dots Paper
  • Pavilia Bloom Outline die no. 98888; Squash Moroccan Paper
  • Holly Branch die no. 98912; Dill Cardstock
  • Pinecone Corner die no. 98685; Dill Cardstock
Other Materials:
  • Brown Cardstock, The Paper Cut
  • Hero Arts Forever Green Ink
  • Jumbo Dauber, Imagine Crafts
  • Glue Dots; Glue Pen; Dimensional Dots; Ribbons from my ribbon bin
Steps to assemble tag:
IMG_1432
IMG_1434
IMG_1437
I stamped a stack of small tags using the Simple Wreath stamp D1949 and Hero Arts Forever Green ink.  I will place a few at each place setting with a pen so that everyone can write down the things they are thankful/grateful for before placing each completed tag in the jar.
IMG_1439
Maybe this will be the beginning of a new tradition in my home.  Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!!!
Happy Crafting!

No comments: