Wednesday, February 20, 2013

AND I AM THE WINNER: Red Heart, Golden Festival Altered Pages Blog Challenge

Update 3/4/13  I AM THE WINNER OF THIS CHALLENGE ON THE ALTERED PAGES BLOG AND WILL BE RECEIVING A PACKAGE OF GOODIES IN THE MAIL SHORTLY!
Year of the Snake 2013 Calendar, cover

Planning ahead for the Year of the Snake and the February challenge, I ordered the Snake Charmers collage sheet from Altered Pages.  When the package arrived it included the QuickKutz Heart die.  Once the challenge was posted, I knew I had to use both for this project.

Because there were 13 snake charmers on the collage sheet, I decided to make a calendar for the year of the snake.  I used some chipboard 5X7 rectangles for the base of each page, and covered each one with a variety of red papers.  I found a Chinese calendar online and printed it out on offwhite cardstock.  I then spent some time with the Cuttlebug, my Memory Box dies, Bo Buuny 6X6 pages from the Serenity Collection, and gold mirror paper.  I punched a hole in the top corner of each page and held them together with a large black rubber book ring from 7 Gypsies.  I embellished pages with pearls, gold gems, and red glitter heart brads as well as a few China stickers.


Month 1
Month 2
Month 3
Month 4
Month 5
Month 6




















Month 7
Month 8
Month 9
Month 10
Month 11




Month 12
back cover

5 comments:

Gia Lau said...

Oh I just love it Anne you are sooo good!

Barbara Rankin said...

Wow, Anne. This is beautiful, and I can see you put a lot of work into it. Wonderful job!

ddazzled71 said...

Anne I love how you have taken the theme of the challenge to create this wonderful calender. Lots of beautiful elements to admire and I love your use of the Snake Charmer Collages. Thanks so much for playing along with the Altered Pages Challenge!
Danie xx

DIYDesignStudio said...

What a GREAT idea! Truly like them all!

DIYDesignStudio said...

incredibly creative use of imagery and elements, VERY COOL!!!