Thursday, January 1, 2015

More Sewing Projects

This is the latest mini-quilt I made this week:  "Two Fish" or "Swimming Upstream":

This "Iris" miniquilt I made as a way to learn what kinds of stitches my machine can do:

This is a lap quilt.  The inspiration was a wallhanging class I took where I was supposed to use Christmas fabrics and place 5 triangle trees on a background and then quilt it.  I had all the great greens and browns and wanted to make something I could use all year round so I made this instead.  At the class I only got five trees cut out and fused to the background.  The rest of this I did at home on my own...adding more trees, die-cutting shapes to applique, sewing on buttons, etc.

This is a project I started yesterday, again working from an idea and changing it up to fit the fabric I had on hand.  I think this will eventually go to the camp at Moosehead:

No comments: