Welcome to the Memory Box/Poppystamps Blog Hop!!! And welcome to my blog!!! Our theme is Holiday Gift Tags and Treat Wrappers.
Both the Memory Box blog (http://davebrethauer.typepad.com/outsidethebox/) and the Poppystamps blog (http://poppystamps.typepad.com/) have the complete Hop list as well as today's prize shown and directions for how to win.
You probably got to me from Sherry Hester at http://lecardonbleu.blogspot.com/
And I'm the last one on today's list!
To start at the beginning, visit Mary McMillan at http://glittergrammy.blogspot.com/
Be sure to leave a comment on each of today's posts by December 10th in order to be eligible for today's prize: the Winner's Choice of a Birch Press Design Pack of Recipe Cards. (http://www.birchpressdesign.com/)
Winners (one each from Memory Box and Poppystamps) will be selected at random from the Design Teams posts and will be announced on both the Memory Box and Poppystamps blogs on December 15th.
For a second chance to win, "like" Birch Press Design on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/BirchPressDesign)
and share the post about the hop. One person who does both will win a prize from Birch Press Design.
I made a tag that also doubles as an ornament, shown here tied on the top of a package.
- paper mache disk with string attached (Michaels) or trace around a glass on cardboard/cereal box etc. to make sturdy circles, gluing a piece of ribbon or twine between two circles
- Memory Box "Poinsettia Birds" from the Tinsel paper collection leftover from a few years ago
- Memory Box Dill Cardstock
- Red Linen Cardstock from The Paper Cut
- Memory Box Frosted Christmas Tree die no. 98668
- Memory Box Plush Poinsettia Corner die no. 98967
- PoppyStamps Small Blooming Poinsettia die no. 902
- Memory Box To and From stamp B1826
- black marker (Mr. Sketch), Glue Dots, Dimensional Dots, Glue Pen, tape runner, and red/white ribbon (ACMoore)
Step One: Die cut everything.
Step Two: Trace the disk onto some pretty paper and cut out the circles.
Step Three: Use the marker to edge the circle so that none of the kraft color will show. Adhere the paper circles to the front and back of the disk.
Step Four. Start assembling the pieces, gluing on the first layer images.
Step Five: Assemble the poinsettias, adding two small ones over the small poinsettias on the Plush Poinsettia Corner and pop-dotting the larger third one over the larger poinsettia in the cut-out.
Step Six: Add the To and From stamped label on the back of the disk.
And here is the finished ornament on the tree!
And, of course, I can never just make one!
Additional Materials Used for these five:
- PoppyStamps Nestled Bird die no. 817
- Memory Box Toasty Mitten die no. 98664
- Memory Box Precious Snowflakes die no. 98729 (the smaller one)
- Memory Box Beloved Snowflakes die no. 99044
- white cardstock
- papers from the "Jack Frost" collection, American Crafts
- Memory Box Bluebird Distressed Dots Paper
- PoppyStamps Chocolate Bunny die no. 995
- PoppyStamps Fluffy Bunny die no. 980
- PoppyStamps Bunny Buddies die no. 998
Don't you just LOVE the Snow Bunnies?! Perfect for my skiing friends! All I need to do now is get those presents wrapped so I can tie on these tags!!!
Here's today's Blog Hop list.
(My links don't seem to be working. Copy and paste the address into your browser to visit the other pages. Or go to the Outside the Box blog or the Poppystamps blog to link directly from their lists.)
Memory Box http://davebrethauer.typepad.com/outsidethebox/
Mary McMillan http://glittergrammy.blogspot.com/
Don't forget to leave a comment for me!