Thursday, September 2, 2010

First Chemo Treatment Friday!


This is how I'm choosing to think about my chemo treatment--just a day at the spa with the girls...comfy seating, warm towels (or cool ones as needed), a little massage, good conversation, and relaxation.  I've got my bags packed--medical notes journal, calendar and contact info, medications notes/questions, a magazine, pens, and my talismans (labyrinth bowl, Red Riding Hood cup, Ugli doll, tiny teddy bear, stones in a silk pouch, Gail's power jewelry also in a silk pouch) in the big purple bag.  The second bag holds craft supplies so I can work on my journal when I have a free minute.  The third bag will hold the lunch I'll pack in the morning and plenty of water in a variety of flavors, sparkling and not.  Oh, yeah, and Tootsie Roll Pops, orange.  I'll be in an air-conditioned environment, thankfully, and will have a view of the Fore River and the sky.  Should be a good day!

5 comments:

POULTNEY250 said...

SPA is right...95 degrees all the way up Route 95 today!!! And 95 mph winds on Sat. (maybe) No cell in Bar Harbor tonight - maybe the atmosphere - certainly lots of that. So have a "fun day at the spa" until I can find a place I can make a call to you.

Anonymous said...

You are prepared! All of the "supplies" make the day much more your own than relying on the stuff they feed you there or reading magazines that have been around since the Clinton administration. Walk in your own light and you go girl!!! -kk

Anonymous said...

Loved the pic - gave each "girl" a name (there was K.K., Robyn, Connie, Donna and of course you. If good thoughts make your day good smoothly, you are swimming in sweet cream! cwl

Linda Hallatt said...

Been thinking of you all day. Hope it's a lot cooler this evening for you. I hate this heat!

Can't wait to see those new journal pages. LH

Andrew said...

Yeah, that's my mom. Count yourself as lucky as I do for having that kind of positive spirit in your life, readers. Love you, Mom. Always thinking of you!