Friday, March 5, 2010

March 5

Today is a writing day. "Make an inspiration board--fuel your creativity with cool pictures and project ideas" are the words I chose from a magazine for today. This book is my inspiration board--I can actually collect a lot more in here to reflect on than I can display anywhere in my living space or my studio space. Cool...

Now that I look around my living space, I see all sorts of inspirational vignettes. The white pottery on the blue hutch. My Ode to Edgar Allan Poe. Vintage linens, a nightdress used as a curtain, little coats and jackets for a small child. Pottery birds. Columns. Birds' nests. Shoe molds. Red Riding Hood collectibles. Yellow pottery grouped on a shelf. Lucille's cast iron barn and farm animals. Alan's framed photographs. Cows. Sheep. Squirrels. Acorns. My stained glass pieces hanging in the big window with a collection of fishing flies in the chain. my Gratitude Wreath. Brown pottery in and on a display box in the kitchen. The old blue potting bench filled with Damariscotta pottery and other blue plates, mugs, bowls. Stars. Rabbits. The collection on the top of the radiator. Multiple collections and arrangements in the Hoosier cupboard. Jewelry boxes stacked up with the black cat. Lime green pottery with Andrew's paintings. My grandmother's wash bench and old baskets. Aunt Grace's apple basket filled with pine cones. Tinted photographs of Portland Head Light. My upside down bird tree. Hummel figurines with other ceramic children. There's something everywhere I look...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE stuff...it is inspirational!