Sunday, May 1, 2011

My Latest Book May 1, 2011 page one

front cover

page one
This book was a project that I started in early March and finished up in  late April.  I found the challenge and basic instructions on the Ink Stains blog and decided to play along and create my own book.  I followed Roni's suggestions for the foundation of each page, trying techniques that were mostly new to me for creating page backgrounds.  And then I decorated each page as I chose, adding a phrase that held meaning for me in light of my cancer diagnosis, treatment, and recovery.  The title for the book, "My Cancer...An Artful Journey to Recovery" came at the end after all the pages were finished and the book was bound together.

I decided to share a page each day starting May 1st.  Page One:  IF LIFE DOESN'T GIVE YOU THE GAME YOU WANT THEN INVENT A NEW ONE.  The background for this page is layered papers which I cut into, scratched, tore and mangled any way I could before adding inks and layers of other ephemera and stamped images.  There is a lot of texture and depth to this page, many hidden images and text in its multiple layers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with this idea! I can't wait to see the pages you have created.