Friday, October 12, 2012

Snoozefest Friday 10/12/12

10/11
Orioles
2
-
1
Yankees

I stayed up really late last night waiting for the Orioles to beat the Yankees, which they did.

And then I got up really early, like at 5:45 AM, so I could be on the road shortly after 7 for an 8:30 appointment at the chemo center in Portland.

Rain rain rain rain all the way there.

Had blood work done (looks good). Saw Dr. Inhorn (my oncologist--he said I look good, am good). Got hooked up to my IVs and my nurse Cathy gave me a pillow and a hot blanket from the warmer.  Betsy massaged my head and hands.  ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.  The next thing I knew it was 11:00!

I didn't take much "crafting crap" with me today, but I did take a new magazine to read.  The funny thing is that it was a magazine I'd already purchased two other times!  Didn't look familiar when I glanced through it at the store, but I recognized one of the articles I had read before once I got into it.  You gotta love chemo brain!  Donated that one to their reading basket.

Got some great stuff at the Village Consignment Shop in Yarmouth including an Eileen Fisher wool jacket.  Had a yummy lunch at the Azure Cafe in Freeport and a nice chat there with a couple from Australia who are driving through the New England States for a couple of months.  Suggested that they stop in Wiscasset for galleries and antiques and that they have dinner at The River Grille.  When they left the restaurant after lunch, both of them came over to speak to me.  Lovely folks.  Then went to Sherman's Books and Leapin' Lizards before wending my way home.  Have managed to drink two diet  Pepsis and a large bottle of water.  Should drink at least another bottle of water in the next two hours.  Either the medicine or what I ate for lunch is making me thirsty anyway, so it's not much of a chore.


No comments: