Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday, January 10


For this page, I went back to the October issue of LIVING and started by tearing up the cover--all those great images of pumpkins and squashes and gourds turned into snails and toadstools. Then I found the Eye of Newt boxes and the assortment of jars and labeled bottles. I just kept layering on images from the magazine. The stamped image of the chandelier and spiders is a Memory Box stamp. My favorite part of the composition: the orangey luminaria bags that are the cautionary message. And I like the way the number 1 and the O from October created today's date. Halloween is my least favorite event in the calendar year. I usually take myself out to dinner to a very nice restaurant where people are not in costume and there are no tricks, only treats.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your ten was so subtle that initially I thought it was a One! You clever dog you! cwl PS Were you really up at 4:52 working on this blog?