Friday, January 1, 2010

I'm Back!!!

It has been forever since I posted anything to this blog. I've decided that since I'm blogging for Memory Box Company on the Outside the Box blog and for the Your Maine Stamper blog that I really needed to get some posts up on my personal blog.
Below is the post from OutsIde the Box that went up on the 29th:

Greetings from Anne, Your Maine Stamper

I am so excited to be on the Memory Box Design team, and I'm just a little bit nervous writing my first post to our new blog. When the first box from Dave arrived, I couldn't wait to get inside to examine the stamps, papers, cards, envelopes, and jewels. But the real fun for me began outside the box as I inked up stamps, punched papers, selected embellishments, and created my first project. I teach regularly at Your Maine Stamper in Winthrop, Maine; and I have classes planned for every Monday afternoon in January. This bag and tag book is one of the projects we will complete during the Gifts From the Heart class on January 11th.



For this book I punched jumbo scalloped squares (Marvy punch) and small hearts (Martha Stewart punch) from four of the Gossamer 6X6 Collection papers, smaller scalloped circles (Marvy punch) from Petal cardstock, and layered them up with white pearls onto the dozen mini white bags (Michaels Celebrate It paper sacks). I made the covers from a cereal box, tracing the outline of the paper bag, covering the outsides with the packaging sample page from the Gossamer 6X6 Collection and the insides with Petal cardstock. I punched two holes in the closed ends of each bag and the covers and bound them with two small book rings. I added hot pink, pale pink, and lavender dot ribbons and a purple swirl ribbon (May Arts; Michaels) to the rings. I stamped the cover "valentine greetings" and the hearts from the Tree of Love in Memories Ruby. For the tags I used these stamps: Tree of Love, Sonoma Print, Owl Always, Nesting Birds, and Batik Birds from Valentine's Studio. I also used these other Memory Box stamps: valentine greetings, car and heart,leaping squirrel, nuts about you, and the big heart . I stamped the images and inked the edges of the tags with Memories ArtPrint Brown, Adirondack Shell Pink, and Ancient Page Foxglove inks. I added ribbons to each tag before tucking them into the bags. There's room on the back of each tag for a valentine message and enough space in each bag to tuck in a love note, a coupon or gift card, candy, or other small treat.

Happy stamping!
Anne

No comments: