Friday, January 30, 2015

Paintbrushes Quilt

The paintbrushes quilt is done!

You can just see a little bit of the purple dot fabric that I used for the very narrow binding on the top and two sides of the quilt.  I appliqued several paintbrushes on top of the quilt when I had finished it and they overlap the gray fabric that separates the blocks.  There is an oversized gray polka dot fabric on the back of the quilt.  I stitched around every paintbrush on the fabric to quilt it and I really like the look of the finished project. It is really lap-sized although I could use it as a throw on a day bed.

I think if you click on the picture of the quilt you can get an enlarged view.

I'll be taking it with me everywhere to show it off for awhile.  I learned a lot in making it.  I know I need to use those special gloves that free motion quilters use on the next quilt I make.  I also know that I need to learn how to do binding correctly.  I'm still making things up as I go and probably breaking all of the quilting rules, too!

No comments: