Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday, March 1, and a new journal

I've started a new journal for March. It's 5 1/2 by 7 1/2. It has a pretty springy two-tone green cover that I will decorate at some point. This book is more of an inspiration journal--a place to collect images, colors, ideas, things that might spark my own creativity. This page is an homage to potting sheds, or the "puttering shed". I have a fondness for sheds of all types. I envision a studio that looks more like a shed than a regular building. I've saved at least two copies of this article from Better Homes & Gardens. I also love the fabric-covered mailboxes, most of which are now covered up by other images. Reminds me to think about using fabric in unexpected ways. There's a glass of colored pencils in spring blues and greens, the great bird on the green telephone (like one I used to have in my bedroom growing up only mine was harvest gold), and another bird pendant as inspiration for my own jewelry using glass slides. So far, so good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love all things rustic and natural. I envision someday living in a woodland cottage with all open spaces and lots of light.