Sunday, February 21, 2010

Two More and I'm Finally Caught Up! Monday 2/22

I edged a piece of lightly colored floral Memory Box paper from the Frond collection with Ancient Page Agean Blue and then stamped the Sonoma Print in the same blue four times on top of that paper. I've been experimenting this week with stamping over printed papers to create new backgrounds and I'm liking the effect. I added a tag also stamped with the Sonoma Print and tied a pretty blue ribbon around the piece of paper before adhering it to the page.






More stamping on printed papers--Birds in the Vines stamped over a print from the memory Box new 6X6s, trimmed and matted on black. Another piece of the same paper stamped with Spring Sings and Heart Notes, punched in a scalloped circle and mounted on a black square. I chose the graphing paper pattern for the anchor piece and stamped the silhouette bird on another scrap of that which I trimmed and matted on black before adhering over the other stamped images. The black mats pull this piece together nicely. If I had realized this is what would develop as I went along, I probably would have mounted the larger sheet on black as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the way you change the effect of the paper by adding stamped images over printed papers...I am also a big fan of your tag use. I have NEVER been able to pull that one off. Class anyone??? :-) -KK