Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday, April 10

I love this Brassai photograph "Fortune Teller, Paris, 1933" and have several postcards of this image tucked in a variety of places in my little house.

I am fascinated by Tarot cards.  I must have eight or ten decks.  I love the imagery on the cards and the intuitive significance I find when I draw a card in answer to a question.  I have studied Tarot with Jeanne Fiorini, an expert practitioner in Tarot.  I have notebooks and books that I can refer to for more interpretive ideas when I do a reading for myself.  I do not read the cards for other people.  I have not done a reading for myself in a long time, but I will sometimes pull a card for the day to see what is there for me to consider.  I think that my intuitive skills are stronger because of the Tarot.

Some of the art I create is connected to the Major Arcana in Tarot, the list on the righthand side of the page.  I have made tiny Tarot houses for individual cards.  I created a series of Fool image cards and three-dimensional constructions for The Fool, The Magician, The Hanged Man.  I made a stained glass piece for The Empress.  I have made personal shrines that include Tarot images or symbols.  I have created a series of 52 cards based on drawing a card for the week for a year.  Some of these things I have given away, some I have sold, and some I keep.  I guess this post reminds me that there is still work I can do based on the Tarot, both for myself and for others.

No comments: