Monday, March 17, 2014

Check out my post today on Outside The Box!


Steampunk is IN!

In case you haven't noticed, there are NEW products on the Memory Box website!!!  And I couldn't resist playing with two of the newest dies:  
Mini Gears No. 98847 and Gearworks Border No. 98849   98849 98847
I've been making my own jewelry for years using old clock and watch parts, very much like what I see in the Gearworks Border and Mini Gears dies.
IMG_0475
 
And Steampunk is IN everywhere I look.  How could I combine the two new dies to make a Steampunk-ish card?  I had several silver foil tape sheets and one piece of gold mirror card stock so I cut several of the Gearworks Borders and Mini Gears from each.  I then chose some other dies to cut and decorate with the gears.
IMG_0497
For this first card I used a strip of Memory Box Licorice Distressed Dots Paper and a heart cut from the same paper using the Memory Box Cupid Heart Die No. 98281.  I added a smaller heart in silver foil using the Memory Box Sweet Heart Die No. 98794 before layering on the Gearworks Border, pieces cut apart from another Gearworks Border, and lots of Mini Gears.
Next, I began with the PoppyStamps Clever Owl Die # 844, cutting it from Memory Box Licorice Distressed Dot paper with wings from scraps of black card stock, and layering on Mini Gears on top of Mini Gears.  Here's a close-up view:
IMG_0490
And here's the finished card:
 IMG_0477
I added a narrow strip of the same distressed dots paper on the right.  I perched the owl on a branch die cut from the gold mirror card stock using Memory Box Leafy Branch Die No. 98292.  I added a sun die cut from more of the gold mirror card stock using Memory Box Fringe Circle Die No. 98268, placing it in the upper left corner and trimming it. I then added the Gearworks Border and scattered a few extra Mini Gears on the card front.
I still had some pieces left, so I made this card:
IMG_0478
The Steampunk flower is actually made from the Memory Box Snowflake Sprig Die No. 98645 with more of the Mini Gears added to it.
Do you like the Steampunk look?  Then these may just be the dies you've been looking for!!!
Happy Crafting!

No comments: