Saturday, March 29, 2014

CSI Case File No. 116: A Band of Brothers

Here's the inspiration for the Color Story Inspiration Challenge Case File No. 116:
Here's the scrapbook page I created using more vintage photos from my Instant Relatives Collection.

A BAND OF BROTHERS

Scheme:  used all five colors--black, greenish gray, teal, white, bold red
Evidence:  music elements(stickers, brads, song titles and lyrics); circles;
metal (the musical brads); labels (song titles made with Dymo Label-maker)
Testimony:  I used song titles from WWI as the inspiration for my journaling.
I also made journal entries in several places on the page. 
close-up of the photos I chose

one of the journal entries

Other entries in my handwriting:

Soldiers wrote their own lyrics (and music sometimes) which they sang and played to pass the time or while marching into war.  (written on the white diagonal stripes)

Civilians wrote and sang songs to support or oppose the war effort.  (written on the teal diagonal stripes)

Stars and Stripes Forever!
Washington Post March
U. S. Field Artillery
King Cotton
Anchors Aweigh
The Caissons Go Rolling Along


another look at the page

No comments: