Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Cameo Appearance @ Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge

The Simon Says Stamp Monday blog challenge (2/17/14) is A Cameo Appearance.  I immediately thought of film and started looking through my ephemera for film-related pieces.  Once I had some things together, I decided to focus on the old photograph of the front of Lincoln Theatre in Damariscotta, Maine by using it as the focal image for a small shadow box.  I used Memory Box Black and White Polka Dots paper for the base of each section of the box.  I cropped and then mounted the photo on black paper.  I added a variety of stickers and die cuts to complete the box.

I used to go to the movies there often.  And both my son and I have been involved in many many local theatre productions there over the years--Andrew on stage and me behind the scenes as properties mistress, set decorator, and/or stage manager.  Lots of good memories.

1 comment:

Mona Pendleton said...

Terrific project! Thanks for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!