Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Magazine Monday Challenge Week 38 @ PaperCrafter's Corner

This week's challenge (the 38th) for Magazine Monday at PaperCrafter's Corner is inspired by a page regarding travel tips in a German travel magazine:
The card I created used several elements from the inspiration:  the color red, suitcases, women, one bold word, layered images, and a travel theme.
I stamped the Journey collage stamp on a piece of off-white cardstock twice, once in black and once in red. I cut out the red images and layered them with foam tape over the piece.  I tore out the piece and used a blending tool and Wild Honey Distress Ink on the torn edges.  I then edged a parchment notecard in Wild Honey.  I stamped the women and "Wherever you go, there you are." in Hero Arts Black Ink.  I stamped the globe in Archival Vermillion in the upper left, stamped it again on a scrap of off-white cardstock, cut out the globe itself and pop-dotted it over the stamped image.  I added suitcases stamped on patterned papers, cut out, and layered with foam tape.  I added red to the women's hats and the handle of the World Travel suitcase using a Memento marker.  The touches of red keep one's eyes moving around the card.  I think I need to renew my passport, pack a bag, and travel with friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This ought to win something!!!!
Connie