Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Magazine Monday Challenge at PaperCrafter's Corner 2/24/14

This week's Magazine Monday Challenge at PaperCrafter's Corner for 2/24/14 is to use something from a magazine in whatever I create.  This is the inspiration piece:

Rolled pages, color!, shapes, light and dark are the terms suggested by this image.

In going through my stack of cut-out magazine images, I found a lot of them that played with light and dark, shades of black and white and brown. I took a canvas, covered it with black paper and washi tape and then added my images.  Here is the wall piece I created viewed from two different angles:

All of the images are from magazines except for the dancer in the lower right corner--she's from a collage sheet.  After I had attached all of the images, I added three pieces of black and white dot paper, two black-on-clear transparency pieces, some musical 3-D stickers, a few black dots, and a chipboard black sliver of a moon.  The tear on the woman's face inside the moon was a happy accident--it's one of the pieces poked out of the G clef that landed there.  I like the way the woman next to her looks like she's kissing the tip of the moon.  I think of this piece as "Night Dreams".

And here's the "Day Dreams" companion piece, a 5X8 mat board magazine picture collage:
This one really echoes the bright colors from the inspiration piece.

1 comment:

billiejo said...

These are both great projects Anne. You found some great magazine art to use in your night dreams.